When I think about my home town is that I’ve seen half a dozen times but when something major happens in a positive way I’m glad that it has played a major part in it. Such the Olympic torch and tour bus came through my home town and one of the Olympic cycle races came through and finished in my hometown. The one off special time you get to say we held a bit of Olympics in guildford in 2012.
The 10 best things about Guildford are:
- Have historic castle style standing but in a ruin as you can see up there in the picture at the top of the page.
- We the famous cobble high street and old buildings used as shops. Where they still have the original beams and windows.
- The Friary when it once use to be a monk sanctuary before it was a shopping centre.
- We have guildhall which is located in the high street where it has a gold clock hanging over the high street
- George Abbot Hospital which is located at the top of the high street which is still being used today I believe but you can go have a tour there as well. One the most historic buildings in Guildford. Few hundred yards from the hospital is actually a statue of the man himself George Abbot
- We have the Royal Gramma School which is still being used today and is stated in a old building as well. Where your coming out of the town centre roughly.
- We have a cathedral which is located on a top of a hill where you can see every point of where you are in guildford. It’s the picture on the front of this blogs.
- Olympic torch and tour bus came through my home town and one of the Olympic cycle races came through and finished in my hometown. The one off special time you get to say we held a bit of Olympics in guildford in 2012.
- Guildford has be used a few times in films. Only rarely we hear about it until we watch something and we recognised some area of it.
- Most importantly we have famous celebrities come and shop in guildford because it’s one of those towns that it’s so peaceful and we don’t even bother them. This is because Guildford is one of those towns that are too laid back and we treat them like how we treat them. Even the queen has visited a few times as well.